Wednesday

Best movie ad ever.

Forget the commercials in between.. And the movie.. And even the trailer itself. The strategy of using the creepiest bookends anyone can make, in my opinion, is brilliant for a horror movie like this. I remember seeing this my freshman year late at night and being thoroughly impressed. Outside of the two people I saw this with (that also thought it was damn creepy), everyone I tried talking about this with had never seen it. The next day I looked it up on YouTube and found this video of the exact moment that I saw on Comedy Central. So, that just goes to show you the memorability and stopping power a strategy this strong can have on a viewer. I never saw this commercial(s) or this bookend strategy again since then, but I will always remember this ad. The movie... not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment