Tuesday

Another beer campaign I hate.

I love this song and pretty much anything Michael Franti does, except for being paid to put his song in this commercial.  This commercial is literally one of the most pathetic, unexciting, uninformative, annoying commercials I have ever seen.  There are no words or any meaningful stage or camera direction, so it's all pretty much just fluff.  I mean, I know Corona's strategy is pretty much to promote a beer that white people can drink and relax with on the beach, and if that's what you want to go for, that's fine.  But I really don't understand why now that it's Corona LIGHT, everything turns into a party on the beach instead of relaxing? Shouldn't you be marketing and promoting the beer itself and how it differs from the original Corona instead of just displaying it as a "beach party beer" with no elements of differentiation?  This makes me want to grab a creative director by the shoulders and shake them for a good 5 minutes.  I've always hated Corona.  This just added to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment