Thursday

Other than AXE and Abercrombie, there are few things worse than American Apparel ads.

C'mon, honestly? What are the creative director's reasoning when he pitched this? "Well, we all know sex sells so we just threw up a picture of a cute girl with her ass hanging out, a headline that simply says 'Hello,' and a list of store locations as the body copy."  And it almost makes me hate advertising to know that he and his team got paid millions to make this crap.  This is the same exact problem I have with Abercromie & Fitch, Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, and so on: a clothing brand that is promoting themselves by displaying a lack of clothing and an overall sexual ostentation.  It's almost like they're selling how great it feels to take off your clothes after you buy them.  Other than senseless sex appeals, I don't really know what they're going for, but, like I've said before, I don't get it.  And I really really hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment